Here I’ve decided to add a page to make it easy for me to track my goals. When I was at the university I started to make goals every quarter and I would type them up and print them out so I could see them. As life has changed and gotten more hectic with family I have kept up with the practice and even learned how to make better goals. These are know as SMART goals (S-specific, M- measurable, A- attainable, R- relevant, T- timely). I think that since it has been helpful for me that it would be worth sharing it here at the Traveling Wallet.
This page is going to be dynamic as I will continue changing it by adding and crossing off completed goals.
Current Year Goals
Take a 4 month long Mini Retirement starting Oct 1st
- 3 week cross country road trip
- 1 month in Ecuador
- 1 month in El Salvador
- Move to Michigan from California
Previous Yearly Goals
This year I am doing something different. I am going to focus monthly on one goal.
- Save 40% of earnings
- Travel to 1 new place 4+ days
- Earn $1000 in writing
- Read 1 parenting post / day
- 700 words/day for 1 month
- Write 4 guest posts
Financial, Blog, Work
- Earn side hustle $500( Complete)
- Save 30K for house($2500/month) ( Failed)
- Max out 401K 18K/person ( Complete & 95%)
- Attend Fincon ( Complete)
- Add AdSense (Complete),
have blog pay for itself Hunt for new job, interview 3 times(Cancelled)
- Get pay increase of 5%+ (Complete)
- 1 date/month with Mr. Roamer ( Complete)
- 1 play date/ month with each kid individually (Failed)
- 1 family trip 5+ days (Complete)
Looking for some more info to track progress check out my status posts
The Roamer Goals at the Traveling Wallet 2014 Original
After starting to read MMM I realized I could accomplish more this year financially so I have added these goals as well.
To get more details on all these goals check out my end of year summaries for 2014.